Want to know how to spoil your bridesmaids? Here is everything you need to know – gifts, ideas, tips, and more!
No bride can imagine their wedding day without the love and support of their best friends. They have been with you through thick and thin, the good and the bad, and likely through countless pints of Ben and Jerry’s (wait…these days it’s more likely Halo Top). Your bridesmaids and maid of honor are going to be playing a major role in your engagement leading up to your wedding day. So, it’s only normal to want to spoil these loyal ladies.
That’s why you are here reading this article, to get some ideas for the best ways to spoil your ladies, keep them happy, and make them love you forever. Don’t worry, we have you covered with everything you need to know to accomplish all of the above. Just follow the ideas and tips below and you will go down as the best bride to her bridesmaid ever.
MAID OF HONOR
Your Maid of Honor is your chief bridesmaid. She will be the one acting as your “personal attendant” during the engagement and on your big day. Her job is to reduce your stress wherever possible and give a helping hand and opinion whenever you need. As much as it is an honor, hence the name, to be someone’s maid of honor, it does require a lot of responsibility. It’s a big job after all. Because of this, you should be extra sweet to your maid of honor and never forget, she is your bestie, not actually your personal assistant.
Show her you care about her and you understand that this is a big and important role by your actions. This post is going to be full of ideas for you to do just that. But, before we get into things like gifts for your maid of honor (and bridesmaids), you need to know that asking, and the way you ask, means a lot, and can go a long way for showing appreciation right from the start.
Our favorite way and a super cute trend among modern brides is…
POP THE QUESTION
It might seem strange what you are about to read, but trust us, your best friend will find it touching and absolutely hilarious.
Get down on one knee, put out a gift as an offer, and ask her “will you be my maid of honor?”
Asking your best friend in this type of way is not only memorable, but it also shows her that you understand how big of a deal this is and that you know it’s a big commitment, just like when a man asks a woman to marry him.
Below we will present some ideas for gifts. Make sure that the gift you present to your maid of honor is worthy of the job. On average a maid of honor and bridesmaids spend around $1,500 when everything is said and done.
If you really want to spoil her, don’t be shy or feel its awkward to go over the top. If there’s any time and reason to get your friend a big gift, it’s for being your maid of honor. Moreover, she might ask you to be hers someday.
A good bridesmaid will be involved almost as much as the maid of honor. So it’s not like their job is less important.
Although the maid of honor is typically in charge of putting together parties like the bridal shower and bachelorette party, bridesmaids have to plan and pay for it all as well. They need to share ideas, offer feedback, decorate, and perform hostess-type responsibilities.
Furthermore, they will be there along the way to help support you, mentally and physically. So, bridesmaids should be spoiled too.
Our favorite way to ask “will you be my bridesmaid?” is a small cute speech and a gift.
“WILL YOU BE MY BRIDESMAID?”
Here is an idea for what to say or write to the friends who you want to be your bridesmaids:
“Will you be my Bridesmaid – Will you hold my hand on my wedding day – Will you be my best friend, my sister, and my free counselor – Will you help me pick out the perfect dress – Will you dance the night away with me – Will you stop me from registering for appliances you know I’ll never use and bite your tongue when I register for china you know I’ll never use – Will you help me celebrate being single for the last time – Will you help me when I’m sad & overwhelmed and forgive me when I’m mad – Will you please help make my special day as perfect as it can possibly be – Will you be on your best behavior at my shower, smile endlessly for photos, and make sure no one gets too drunk – Lastly, will you hold my dress when I have to pee?”
Another idea is to get them all together and ask them all at once, similar to how you asked your maid of honor privately. You could “pop the question” to them all at once – “Will you ladies be my bridesmaids?”
A bridesmaid’s box is a wonderful gift to show that you care about these ladies that will be by your side the entire way and that this is super important to you. Don’t forget to give one to your maid of honor too.
Here are some cool gifts to put into the bridesmaid’s boxes:
- Will You Be My Bridesmaid Card
- Beauty products (lip balm, face mask, nail polish)
- Photos of you together
- Delicious snacks and treats you know they’ll love.
- A mini bottle of champagne or wine (they sell these with Will You Be My Bridesmaid Labels on them*)
- Notebook – they’ll need to take notes along the way 😉
- Confetti (to top it off and let them toss it in the air to celebrate, especially if they all open their boxes together)
Hint: make the box and the items inside the same tone/color of what you want their dresses to be. You could also simply add a ribbon/color swatches in the colors you’d like them to wear.
LUXURY GIFTS FOR BRIDESMAIDS
Now if you really want to spoil them, here is how you take this to the next level and make sure your bridesmaids will love you forever!
As we are Diamonds by Raymond Lee, we get tons of brides coming in asking us what type of jewelry should they get their bridesmaids and maid of honor. Below we will show you some examples of earrings, necklaces and bangles/bracelets.
These are the perfect gifts and the best way to spoil bridesmaids for those who have a bigger budget. Not to mention, regardless of money, you can’t put a price on a once and a lifetime experience like this. If there’s any time to spend on memories and gifts, it’s now.
If one of your bridesmaids is a lover of earrings, here are a few options that you can’t go wrong with.
For the bridesmaids who love necklaces, these are perfect options that will go beautifully with bridesmaid’s dresses.
Bangles are another fantastic option. Your ladies will love one of these bangles or bracelets.
TIPS FOR NOT ONLY SPOILING BUT MAKING YOUR BRIDESMAIDS HAPPY TOO.
Here are some tips that will keep everyone happy. Remember, sometimes making people happy is just as important as spoiling them…
- Be clear on money and help out with it if you can. It’s the number one disagreement and worry among bridesmaids.
- The second biggest issue in your bridesmaid’s group will be the dress. Avoid any discomfort. This doesn’t just mean how the dress fits. You want you bridesmaids to feel confident in their dress. If not, it can lead to disharmony. So what’s the best bet? Just give them a color swatch to follow and allow them to get whatever dress they feel most comfortable in. Of course, it has to be suitable for a wedding. Nonetheless, there’s no need for everyone to wear the same dress.
- Give your bridesmaids clear expectations. So this way they know exactly what to do.
- Although this is YOUR big day, make sure your bridesmaids are getting enough attention. Make them feel special! Include them in your ceremony program, give them a plus one, and show recognition during a toast.
- Don’t nag and don’t be too demanding. Your bridesmaids have lives outside your wedding. They know how important it is to you, and if you’ve chosen wisely, then you won’t have to demand anything. They will be there getting everything done with a smile on their face. Furthermore, they’ll understand you are stressed so any bout of snippiness will be forgiven…but try not to be snippy.
- Say thank you often. Please too. The little things go a long way to making people happy. They are as good as gifts.
- Prepare a Bridesmaid-First Aid. So, this should include aspirin, band-aids tissues, tampons, liners, mirrors, lipstick, eye drops, hair spray, breath mints, hairpins, nail files, clear nail polish, white medical tape, and everything else you’ll think they will need.
- If one or some of your bridesmaids don’t know each other, help them get to know each other.
- Be understanding of how much money they are spending. Those who have been a bridesmaid before understand the costs associated with it – dress, accessories, travel expenses, the shower and wedding gifts, and the bachelorette party, and more – help them to cut costs wherever you can. Here are some costs that should be covered by the bride: Bridesmaid’s flowers, lodging for those who live out of town, transportation to and from the bridal party, ceremony and reception, bridesmaids party, hair and make up if you want them to have it done professionally, and whatever else you feel comfortable with paying that’s related to your wedding. That’s how you spoil.
- Talk about non-wedding things with them leading up to the wedding – Best friend first, bridesmaid second.
- Always remember the Golden Rule: “do unto others as you would have them do unto you”.
At the end of the day, and in the future, you will be thankful you took good care of your bridesmaids. Giving is always the best feeling, so when you look back, you will take pride in the fact that you did everything you could to keep them happy. Even more, you should be proud and impressed with yourself for being able to do so while under the immense pressure that comes with being a bride. It’s not easy to be so considerate during special times that are about you. It really says a lot about a person. This is the way you want your besties to think about you, and this is the way you want to think of yourself.
If budget is ever a concern, then don’t worry. These same ideas and tactics can be worked to any budget..true, maybe the most expensive gifts won’t work, but there are equally lovable alternatives. Think outside and inside the box. Don’t overcomplicate things.
Lastly, be confident, stay optimistic, and everything will go as smooth as silk. This should be a lot more fun then it should be stressful. It’s your wedding, so enjoy!
Diamonds by Raymond Lee
We hope you loved this post and got some good ideas from it. If you are looking to get a luxury gift for your bridesmaids, we are the perfect place to shop. Here is a little bit about us.
Diamonds by Raymond Lee is Boca Raton’s finest, high-end jewelry, diamond engagement ring, and estate jewelry boutique. We are specialist in the field of luxury designer rings, necklaces, bracelets, earrings, pendants, and watches, and we have been on top of the game for over 30 years.
We are South Florida’s top destination for Diamonds, as we have an extensive and carefully selected collection of designer bridal jewelry, diamond jewelry, and loose diamonds. Furthermore, Diamonds by Raymond Lee was noted as South Florida’s best engagement ring retailer since 2016.
We’d love for you to visit either of our stunning Boca Raton jewelry stores to examine why our family owned and operated business is so well distinguished.