Celebrity Engagement News
Spring has finally arrived, putting an end to the brutal cold felt across the country over the last few months. Several celebrities couldn’t wait for Mother Nature to warm up. We hear that over a dozen Tinseltown bachelors turned the heat up on their romances with a proposal. We got to peak at a few rings and can confirm the men have great taste (and a great jeweler.) Men, take note: our sources are reporting that a woman who begins to not-so-casually mention any of these celebrity couples is likely dropping ring hints. We present to you five recently engaged celebrity couples.
Shape: Chemistry is for the couple, geometry is the actual shape of the stone
Ian Somerhalder and Nikki Reed recently confirmed their engagement. He stars on Vampire Diaries, she was in Twilight. Their courtship began in summer 2014, and quickly blossomed. We got a glimpse and can confirm it is unique.
Setting: The framework of the ring (and the proposal)
Peter Facinelli (Jennie Garth’s ex) proposed to his former Nurse Jackie co-star on the top of the Empire State Building. Thor actress Jaimie Alexander accepted.
Style: Platinum or Gold? Vintage or Edgy?
We hear Twilight star Robert Pattinson is reportedly engaged to FKA Twigs. He’s private and shy, she’s punk and edgy. The ring has not made a public appearance, but rumors are circulating that an engagement party was scheduled at a Palm Springs mansion earlier in April.
Metal: Several options for rings, but only one woman whose heart is solid gold
We can announce that model Bar Refeali has agreed to marry her businessman sweetie. We are speculating, but we believe her 5-carat ring is set in a yellow gold (if her Instagram is a hint.) The cushion cut rock might be in rose gold though, an equally lovely option with a delicate diamond shank.
Budget: Love don’t cost a thing (and we can give you tips on buying the ring she’ll love)
Bristol Palin announced her engagement to a military man. The Halo ring he proposed with is a popular choice among brides (think: Kate Middleton’s engagement ring.) We have it on good authority that Bristol’s bauble didn’t cost close to the ring the Duchess of Cambridge wears.
- When LA Galaxy’s Landon Donovan popped the question, you can bet he shopped safe. If diamond grades are confusing you, let us be your coach.
- Film director Matthew Cooke’s heart was Taken by actress Maggie Grace. Which of the 4C’s do you think Cooke cared most about? (We hear cut.)
- Rumor has it, Taylor Kinney of Chicago Fire proposed to Lady Gaga with an edible ring. We hear he presented her with a candy ring, which was quickly replaced with a diamond.
- We hear that sometimes, lightning does strike twice. Can’t Hardly Wait’s Ethan Embry put a ring back on his ex-wife Sunny’s finger. A summer wedding is planned.
- Jennie Garth (ex of newly engaged Peter Facinelli) also found love with her beau David Abrams. We hear the happy couple are keeping things low-key.