A marriage is forever, and a wedding is a one-off party so it is vital to get it right. There are several ways to have a wedding that will stand out and make memories that friends will be talking about for decades. The hottest trends in 2014 involve mixing fun with elegance. Party type weddings with all of the glamor of a formal affair are making wedding invitations as in demand as hot ticket events.
Best Wedding Trends 2014
- Think outside the box with the color scheme. Sometimes colors that you may not expect to go together mesh perfectly. Wedding flowers in new bold colors, and living centerpieces to decorate your new home with after the party are stylish this year.
- The hottest wedding dresses in 2014 continue to be designed by the greats like Vera Wang, Reem Acra, and Rita Vinieris. Classic wedding dresses are still in vogue, however the trend seems to be leaning towards a shock of black against traditional white and interesting architecture in the design.
- Get creative with the photos. There are lots of ways to play with the aspect ratio to make humorous wedding photos. Sweet shots can be found in the quiet moments before the ceremony such as when the bride is alone with her family or reading a note from the groom. Have fun with a few of the shots after the frame worthy wedding party photos are done. Open communication and pre-wedding planning with the photographer is key for the best shots.
- Do not forget the boudoir shot. Many brides are choosing to have a racy but classy pre honeymoon wedding photo shoot to gift to her groom. A boudoir shot should not revel everything to extreme, but a few well done racy pictures in bridal lace will be treasured decades from now.
- Remember your mother and future mother in law with a special piece of jewelry for them before the wedding. This is a tradition that has really taken root. There are many options for pieces to commemorate the day, and heart felt note on card stock like the one pictured will really show you care.
- Check out the Wedding Party app. This app allows guests to log in with their smart phones upon arrival and any picture they take can instantly be uploaded to the same wedding page for everyone to enjoy. A professional photographer is worth every penny, and this is not to replace the professional work. However you may find the moments captured by your friends to be more personal than those of the pros.
Keep in mind when planning your dream wedding that it is a day to celebrate you and your groom, so if something is important to you make sure it is an element in the wedding. Casual elegance is the goal of even the most luxurious of weddings, because even though it is a day where every thing has to come together perfectly, it does not mean that the guests, and the bride and groom cannot not have a little fun and make cherished memories at arguably the most important social function in a life time.