For anyone looking to sell jewelry of any type it is always helpful to know a few basics, a few tips, and a few different options that sellers have. Taking the time to learn about these issues is the best way to insure that your selling experience, be it your first time or hundredth time, is successful, as easy as possible, and even possibly enjoyable. Keeping these facts and tips in mind when selling watches in Boca Raton or other areas of Southern Florida can help reduce stress, boost success, and make your experience far more enjoyable.
Where to Sell:
When it comes to selling there are three different options to choose from. The first and most obvious is pawn shops. Though these pawn shops can offer you less money than you may want or think your product is worth, pawn shops are a great way to get in and get out fast. For those sellers that want to move product quickly without worrying about keeping up with customer complaints or desires, a pawn shop is the perfect ticket. Pawn shops buy watches of all brands, varieties, and values. The key to selling in a pawn shop however is to know how much your product is worth and to know how low you can go on pricing. The bottom line with pawn shops is that they are determined to make the most money possible, that being said they may offer you $100 for a $5000 Rolex simply to see how much they can get. Keeping the pricing of your items in mind and the fair trade value is the best way to insure you get a good deal at a pawn shop.
The second option requires a bit more leg work. This option is of course to sell to private buyers. This is a bit trickier to pull off however. Without a traditional store front or selling location it may become next to impossible to hook up with buyers. However, using the internet is a great way to find buyers that are truly interested in what you have to offer and that are willing to pay the price that you want. A site like Craigslist.com is a great place to start and can connect you with some great buyers. However, selling to individuals can also have its drawbacks. Without being able to do checks on customers, without knowing them personally, and without having a store front that can protect you from a certain amount of liability, it can be difficult to sell to individuals. Selling to private individuals may seem like the best way to make the most money, but it can also be quite dangerous if you do not know the person, area, or circumstances of your sell. Take the time to truly think about a private seller before you simply traipse off to a neighborhood or part of town that you are not familiar with and that may be dangerous to your enterprise or person.
The last and perhaps safest and most profitable way to sell watches in a place like Boca Raton is to find a watch dealer. A store like Yezekyan Fine Jewelry Inc. or other privately owned jewelry stores is the best bet when it comes to selling watches. Finding a store that has a reputation to uphold, has the capital to give you a fair price, and that has the ability to accurately appraise what you have to sell is the best way to get the most money for watches. With a jewelry store the buyer is much more experienced and knows what they are looking at. Because they have more experience they will also have the ability to tell you a bit about the watch you want to sell, tell you about how well they sell, and make you a fair and knowledgeable offer on your timepiece. This allows sellers to avoid being taken at a pawn shop and meeting shady buyers online and offers a safe and reliable way to sell watches.
A Few Rules for Sellers:
There are a few basic rules when it comes to selling watches anywhere but especially in a large area like Boca Raton. Keeping these rules in mind can save time, money, and effort. Also, keeping these rules in mind can keep the seller on the right side of the law and can make the experience much more pleasant.
- Know Your Product- it is never a good idea to try to sell a watch or any piece of jewelry for that matter that you do not know a good deal about. When someone walks into a pawn shop or jewelry store with a piece that they know nothing about, it gives the buyer the advantage and the ability to take the watch for far less than is fair. Knowing everything there is to know about what you are selling is the best way to make sure your bottom line stays intact.
- Know the Origins of Your Product- many buyers will not purchase an item if you do not know its origins. This does not mean simply claiming that so and so gave it to you when you won a card game. With higher priced items it is often necessary to have providence papers that prove that the watch belongs to you or someone that you are selling for. It is always best to know where your product comes from to avoid legal trouble.
- Be Patient- it is not every day that a seller walks into a shop and gets exactly what they want for a piece. Often times it takes a few hours or even days to negotiate a price and find the right buyer. Taking the time to scope out all your options is the best way to make the most money and be sure that your product is going to the buyer that you want rather than the first person that shows up.
- Do Not Sell Items That You Are Not Sure of- It is never a good idea to sell items that you are not 100% sure of. It is always best to know where your items come from, who owned them before you, and how much they are worth. If you suspect that someone sold you an item that was stolen, do not try to resell it. If you think the item you have may be a fake, do not try to sell it. Taking the time to be totally sure of your items is the best way to avoid any issues that may pop up.
- Take the Time to Enjoy the Process- though watch selling is a mostly for profit business, it is always wise to take a moment to enjoy the fact that selling has taken you to a place like Boca Raton. Being totally focused on getting in, getting out, and getting money can make the process dull, difficult, and can even burn seller out on it. Taking the time to really appreciate the pieces you are selling, the places you end up, and the potential profit you can make can help make the entire process much easier and much more enjoyable.