Thousands upon thousands of watches are being sold in the country. Add the huge number of online stores that sell watches as well. If you want to sell watches in Boca Raton, this means that you have to compete with the other sellers. Most of the time, this is easier said than done.
You may have already noticed that there are numerous ads out there that do not even get the kind of attention that they want. No matter how hard the seller tries to gain notice from potential buyers, his or her ad does not seem to work. Without a doubt, you do not want to be one of those sellers who fail miserably in their marketing and selling tactics.
Very Brief History of Watches
When speaking about watches, we are talking about the wristwatches here that you are interested in selling. These watches were not born until the mid-1800s. Before that, the early 1800s and many years prior to that, telling time was only possible if you carried a pocket watch or had a clock hanging by your wall or sitting by the table.
This began to change in 1868 where Patek Philippe & Co., a Swiss manufacturer, launched the first wristwatch and introduced it to the world. In 1926, the first ever Rolex was released called the Rolex Oyster. It was the first ever wristwatch that was waterproof. From then on, wristwatches have become a significant part of telling time. Not only that, it was not just for this purpose but as a jewelry piece as well.
Some people are huge watch fanatics that they would buy them as part of their collection. You can sell watches Boca Raton and in nearby areas in Florida, but remember that there are several sellers who are also doing the same thing.
Things Every Watch Seller Should Know
Used luxury watches can still sell for more money than regular watches even if they are brand new. This is because they are extravagant brands that are known all over the world. Many watch buyers in Boca Raton would pay the right amount for these watches. Therefore, if you sell Rolex Boca Raton, you can really earn good money out of this brand of watch.
Aside from that fact, there are more pieces of information that you should be aware of including the following:
- Right now, the average price of used watches when sold in the current market can range from 20% to 50% of the original price. However, if it is a luxury watch such as Rolex, Tag Heuer, Tudor, Zenith, and Cartier, you can get as much as 75% to 80% of the original price. That is if you know how to sell your watch right.
- The appearance of the watch apart from the brand matters a lot. If it looks like new, you can sell it for a high price.
- The factors that affect the price of the watch include the condition of the watch, the brand, and the presence of warranty.
- You can sell your watch online which is actually very convenient since you get the appraisal without leaving your home.
- You can also get an appraisal by phone where you will be asked a number of questions such as the make and the time you bought the watch. Of course, the brand will also be inquired.
- Even if you can get an appraisal online or through phone, the best way is still the traditional method. This is where you visit a local dealer in Boca Raton and you ask for a visual inspection.
Simple Methods Involved on How to Sell Watches in Boca Raton
Just like any type of business, you need the know how in order to make profits out of your investment. Whether you just want to sell your watch in Boca Raton to get quick cash for your tuition fee or you want to sell several watches that you do not use, you surely want to receive the highest possible payment. Here are some things that you need to do when you sell your watches in this part of Florida:
- Research, research, and research some more. Before you sell your watch online, to a pawnbroker, or to any interested buyer, you should first conduct a market research. Spend enough time in learning how much the watch that you are trying to sell costs right now including their secondhand price.
- Contact an appraiser. Unlike other pieces of jewelry, it is not very easy to make an estimate regarding the prices of the watch you intend to sell. You can make your life much easier if you just contact a reliable appraiser. You may have to pay some money for his or her fees, but at least you get the right amount straight from an expert.
- Choose your sales platform. You may want to sell the watch online especially if this is the first time that you will be selling two or more watches. Another alternative is to go to a dealer or any shop that buys jewelry pieces and offer your watch there.
If ever you choose online, you can advertise your watch in several websites. There are so many out there particularly those that are known as “bidding” sites where you put up your watch for sale and the interested buyers bid. The highest bidder gets the item in the end.
How to Convince Watch Buyers in Boca Raton to Buy Your Watch
It is not easy to sell your watch especially if you expect it to be bought immediately. Nevertheless, there are three questions that you can ask yourself to help you sway the buyers to choose your watch:
- High price tag gives profits, but will the buyer take the bait? Depending on the economy, there are watch buyers who are looking for high end watches. However, there are also some who may not be interested in these types of watch. Instead, they would go for a cheaper one to avoid paying the high cost.
- Selling online may be convenient, but how will the buyers know what the watch looks like? This is why it is important that you take a good photo (a real one) of the watch. Make sure that it looks attractive and is in the right size when you upload it online.
- What if the buyer changes his or her mind? This happens in some cases where the buyer has already purchased the watch and once they receive it, they change their mind. It is therefore useful to have some terms and conditions when you sell your watch online.
When you sell your watch online, it is important that you are honest. Include the flaws if they are present. This will help you become a trusted seller and more buyers will not hesitate to purchase from you. Alternatively, if you do not want to wait, you can just go directly to a shop and sell your watch there. As long as the buyer is credible, you should have no worries that you will get the full value of your watch in the end.