New design trends in jewelry continue to impact the fine jewelry industry, or is Couture re-inventing vintage designs? Even our lust for Swarovski crystals is moving them from couture to exquisite fine jewelry designers. The jewelry fashion world hubs, like Dubai, are celebrating sensation Farah Khan, an Indian jewelry designer who features bold gemstones paired with intricate filigree and femininity in soft gold. She is acknowledged by celebrities who love wearing her designs on red carpet events because she is a combo of exotic fun and timeless quality.
Summer 2015 Trends – Fine Jewelry in Groupings
- Gemstones over Diamonds
- Dangler Earrings
- Layers of Fine Gold Necklaces
- Tiny Pendants
- Coiled Jewelry Illusions like Snakes
This week’s Las Vegas Couture Awards in Jewelry Winners also agreed with current trends:
Nikos Koulis won Best in Bridal
Tomasz Donocik won Best in Colored Gemstones, below $20,000
Jorg Heinz won Editor’s Choice Award
Inspired by Vintage Silver Blue Topaz:
- David Yurman Diamond Cerise Ring, Vintage, $495
- Pave Diamond Ball Ring, Vintage, 14 K white gold, $1,995
Jewelery Trend #1 – Colored Gemstones over diamonds this year:
- Amethyst and Ruby Cocktail Ring, 18 K gold, vintage gemstone setting.
- Citrine & Diamond Cluster Ring, 14 K white gold, $1,795
- Oval Blue Topaz & Diamond Ring, 18 K yellow gold, $1,095
- Multi Gemstone Diamond Ring, 14 K yellow gold, $1,895
Women exquisitely feature their lovely long necks with Long Danglers Earrings this season.
- Long danglers: Cartier Diamond Dangle Earrings, 18 K white gold heart
- Trending earrings: Earrings that climb up the ear
2015 Trending Looks in Necklaces:
Chokers & Several strands with tiny pendants
- Officina Bernardi Platinum Sterling Silver Coil Bracelet, $245
- Pearl & Diamond Pendant necklace, 18 K gold
- Le VianVian Ocean Blue Topaz Chocolate Diamond Pendant – 14 K Vanilla gold, Pearshaped Blue Topaz with Chocolate round diamonds
From all the online website pages at Raymondleejewelers.net, a fine jewelry store that showcases their often one-of-a-kind jewelry fashions, the previously boundaries between high-end couture jewelry and fine jewelry, even vintage jewelry designed by luxury designers like Bvlgari and Cartier are blurring fine jewelry and couture boundaries.
Fine Jewelry Versions:
- David Yurman Sterling Silver Wide Band, 14 K Yellow Gold, Vintage
- Cartier Trinity Tri Gold, 18 K, Yellow, Rose, & White Gold
- Round Brilliant & Baguette Diamond Ring, 14 K White Gold, $6,795
- Diamond Crossover Ring, 14 K White Gold
- Diamond Coil Ring, 18 K Yellow Gold, Vintage, $795
Looking at high-end versions of fine jewelry design, the concepts of years past in vintage pieces show the crafted progression of various types of gold, gems, and diamonds that have developed throughout the decades. When they are compared to the craftsmanship of this years’ award winners, we can see the direct influence of the past upon current design scholars.
The 2015 Couture Design Awards featured newcomer Spinelli Kilcollin who won the Best in Gold Design with a fabulous layered gold ring.
You can see the reflection, the diversification, and the progression of the above vintage designs and the influence of each, combined to influence this year’s design concept winners.