Have you looked at your wardrobe recently and thought that you had nothing to wear? If your wardrobe is boring you, the natural impulse might be to run out and spend a ton of money on brand new clothes. Before you do that though, take a look at your jewelry drawer.
Adding the right piece of jewelry to your outfit can be the final touch you need to take your outfit from boring to one that will get you compliments. Even if you don’t have an extensive collection at home, it’s possible to buy some jewelry online or at your local shop for much less than the cost of replacing your entire wardrobe. Here are 10 tips on using jewelry to add the final touch to your outfit.
1. Know where to place the jewelry. Jewelry placed on the skin, such as on your neck, will give the outfit a much more feminine look. If you’re looking for a more neutral look, adding something that is attached to your clothing will do the trick.
2. Don’t be afraid to mix and match. There are a number of different metals that mix well together. One of the most popular options is to mix and match silver and gold jewelry. Just don’t overdo it. You want to look professional, not like a professional rap artist with a million chains around your neck.
3. Leave the weird piercings at home when going to professional functions. That nose ring might be totally awesome as far as your friends are concerned, but your boss might think something different. There are other ways to add some spice to your outfit at work besides attaching a foreign object to your face.
4. Belts can add punch. Belts are commonly worn every day by most men, but they’re not as common for women. Adding the right size belt with a fine piece of jewelry attached to the buckle can really complete an outfit.
5. Simple is okay.. Having just one memorable piece of jewelry on each outfit can become your calling card that people remember you for
6. Crystal and rhinestones are great for evening wear. Jewelry that contains these gems can add the romantic touch you’re looking for.
7. Switch your watch out. Don’t wear a daytime watch with your evening gown. You should have a more feminine watch that matches your outfit if you are going for something more romantic.
8. Earrings can look great with the right hair style. If your hair is up, the right pair of earrings can be the only jewelry your outfit needs for that extra punch. Dangling earring go great with turtlenecks.
9. Stick with what works. Pay attention to which pieces of jewelry win you the most compliments. Plan your outfits so that when you see that person again, you have the same piece of jewelry on. Assuming their compliment was sincere, this will improve how people view you.
10. Wear a bracelet on the other hand, or ditch the watch. Some women like to say they can’t wear a bracelet because they have a watch. You can still accessorize with a bracelet on the other hand. Better yet, ditch the watch and go with a bracelet that fits your outfit. You can always get the time from your phone.