Top 10 Met Gala 2012 Looks
Last night’s “Oscars of the East Coast” and “Night of 1,000 Dresses” brought out every supermodel, celebrity, and designer to the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute to honor Miuccia Prada. The red carpet preceding the event was touted last night by Tommy Hilfiger as “The Superbowl of Fashion.” Well, here are Raymond lee Jewelers’ MVP’s: The Top 10 Met Gala 2012 Looks.
10. Hillary Swank’s clean and striking features were perfectly suited for Michael Kors’ classic American aesthetic. She looked gorgeous in a wine colored gown and Old Hollywood side swept curls. We love the Fred Leighton 1970’s diamond pendant earrings she paired with the high neck and the 1940s citrine ruby and diamond cocktail ring she added.
9. Sofia Vergara wore Marchesa, as usual, and the scalloped metallic gown favored her famous curves. She looked fabulous, as is the norm, and wow-ed in $2 million worth of Harry Winston jewels, including a diamond feather ring, three stone drop earrings, and lily cluster bangles.
8. Linda Evangelista brings the O.G. supermodel ferocity in Prada (and as Miuccia’s date) and a Harry Winston Diamond cluster accent necklace and diamond lotus ring. We’ll assume this is her victory lap after settling a court battle with Salma Hayek’s husband.
7. Solange Knowles makes for Knowles sister #1 on our best dressed list in her Rachel Roy canary yellow peplum gown. She paired the conservative dress with edgy Lady Grey Jewels.
6. Kristen Bell in Tommy Hilfiger & vintage Van Cleef & Arpels. This warm tangerine is perfect on her!
5. Cate Blanchett is stunning in feathery black McQueen and Van Cleef & Arpels. We love the playful skull pom pom clutch as well.
4. Ivanka Trump took our breath away in her stunning midnight blue velvet Peter Pilotto art-deco dress; she wore classic diamond studs so as not to steal the spotlight from her gown’s intricate neckline (or her brand new bangs!) and added a bubble cuff from her own fine jewelry collection to complete her look.
3. Leighton Meester looks every bit the princess Blair Waldorf is in Marchesea. She topped her look with Harry Winston radiant cut yellow studs, a yellow gold & yellow diamond bracelet, and a yellow sapphire ring.
2. Scarlett Johanssen wore a Dolce & Gabbana gown (no surprise there, as she’s an ambassador of the brand) in golden nude tones that hugged her curves. The shoulder baring look was stunning on her, and she let the gown’s intricately gilded bodice shine by simply wearing an antique pair of Fred Leighton cushion cut drop earrings.
1. Beyonce in Givenchy. We know this dress is polarizing, but it was meant to be worn by Beyonce. It seems as though Beyonce let her dress do all the sparkling, as we can’t see any jewels. A few sources insist the show stealing songstress is wearing Tiffany & Co., but as they haven’t confirmed (and we don’t see any jewelry), we’re thinking her Givenchy satisfied her bling requirement for the evening.
Who was on your best dressed list? Or perhaps your best-bejeweled list?