The Samsung Company has created a new product they call the “Samsung Galaxy Smartwatch.” It works almost like your smartphone except that you wear it on your wrist like a luxury watch. This will be the first of a line of high tech accessories Samsung is calling “Galaxy Gear” and is supposed to be used along with your “Samsung Galaxy Note 2,” Galaxy Note3,” ” Galaxy Tablet” or you’re “Galaxy S4.” It is going to become available in stores around the world starting this month. We can expect the watch to cost about $299 upon release. The company’s president and CEO, Joke Shin, announced the smartwatch this month in Berlin, Germany. Will this smartwatch change Berlin and other countries as we know it, the same way the Apple iPhone did? Or will it be more like a gateway to future innovations?
The Samsung Galaxy Smartwatch Specs include:
- A 1.63- inch Super AMOLED screen
- 315 mAh battery to last for an entire day
- 1.9 megapixel camera on the strap
- 320 x 320 resolution
- An 800 MHz Processor
- 512 MHz RAM
- 4GB of internal storage
- Built in speakers
- And comes in 6 colors- Jet Black, Mocha Grey, Wild Orange, Oatmeal Beige, Rose Gold and Lime Green
Let’s take a closer look at how this smartwatch will affect the future. Here are 5 ways the “Samsung Galaxy Smartwatch” will change the way people in Berlin and countries around the world get things done.
1) Notifications- You can receive notifications whenever you receive a text, phone call, email or message from the apps you use with your smartphone or smart watch. Most of us use our cell phones to remember events and appointments we need to be on time for. The notification ability will make remembering appointments and getting updates much faster. Simply look at your watch just like you would any other watch and see all the things you need to know.
2) GPS and tracker- The watch will have access to a GPS tracker so that when you are traveling, you do not have to find the extra hands to remove your cell phone from your pocket or purse to find out which direction you should go next.
3) Super accurate, high tech pedometer- If you are trying to lose weight or just want to make sure you walk enough steps in your day this watch is perfect.
4) Weather and traffic alerts- If you are planning to travel, take a look at your smartwatch to see what the weather is supposed to be so you can be sure you bring the right clothing. The watch has traffic alert capabilities so you know which roads to take to get where you want to go faster.
5) Safer for driving- Writing and reading text messages while driving has been proven to be unsafe. With the Samsung smartwatch you will be able to make phone calls and send text messages using your watch while still driving safely.
So will the “Samsung Galaxy Smart watch” significantly change the way we live? Most likely it will not, but this smartwatch just might pave the way for a more innovative product in the future.