If you’re like us, the gratitude bug has bitten you hard this month especially! If you too are looking for a way to give thanks and give back, look no further. These are some great opportunities if you’re searching for where to volunteer for Thanksgiving in South Florida.
Want to give a helping hand?
- Boca Helping Handsneeds cooks, servers, cleanup staff and warehouse for Thanksgiving lunch, noon-2 p.m. 1500 N.W. First Court, Boca Raton. Call Judy Roy at (561) 417-0913, ext. 206.
- El Sol Jupiter’s Resource Center needs volunteers to fill two-hour shifts, from 9 a.m.-5 p.m., to help serve Thanksgiving dinner. Call (561) 401-3792.
Can’t risk leaving the bird to its own devices, but still want to help?
- Hands down, the easiest thing you can do – go vote for your favorite non-profit on our Facebook challenge. With a single click of your mouse, you’ll help decide which South Florida organizations receive $5,000, $3,000 and $2,000, respectively.
- Feeding South Florida needs donations of food, time, and funds.
- You can donate food, funds, and goods to any of the organizations included by Palm Beach Post:
- “Donate money to provide meals for military families online at www.holidaymealsformilitary.org.Dollar General stores and Big Brothers Big Sisters of Palm Beach and Martin Counties are accepting basic needs items, such as socks, T-shirts, toothpaste, shampoo, sheets and detergent. Drop-off boxes will be at Dollar General stores in both counties.
The Salvation Army needs non-perishable food and monetary donations. Call (561) 686-3530 or visit www.salvationarmypalmbeachcounty.org
Donate turkeys or send monetary donations via check to The Wayne Barton Study Center, 269 N.E. 14th St., Boca Raton, FL, 33432 or visit www.waynebartonstudycenter.org.”
Planning to work off that extra slice of pie by volunteering?
- Levis JCC is hosting its 4th Annual Turkey Trot 5k Run and Walk to benefit the Adolph & Rose Levis JCC. You can register by visiting the website or calling 561-852-3262.
- Also hosting their 4th annual Turkey Trot is the Town of Palm Beach! This 5k benefits the United Way of Palm Beach, and you can find more information here.
- Lake Worth Resource Center is serving a post-Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday November 24th, noon-7 p.m. 1121 Lucerne Ave., Lake Worth. Call (561) 383-2929.
Looking for even more opportunities? Check out the listings at Boca Guide!