When the seasons change, it is time for a new look. Changing the jewelry you wear will help update any outfits that are worn as well as add a fresh flair. For some of the top trends for the winter 2013 season, keep reading.
- Oversized Gems: Bigger seems to be all the rage this season, and the gems used by fashion designers have not escaped this trend. Look for these large and sparkly gemstones on metal cuffs by Giambattista Valli, long and dangling earrings by Olivier Rousteing and chic chains and necklaces Karl Lagerfeld and Michael Kors.
- Animal Jewelry: The focus of this type of jewelry is a stylish way for any animal lover to publicly make a statement of the affinity for their animal of choice. Roberto Cavalli has a line of jewelry that includes eagle necklaces and serpent rings. Another option is to choose one of the insect brooches that have been designed by Albar Elbaz of Lanvin. Even if you are not particularly fond of animals, wearing this jewelry will definitely garner you much desired attention.
- Medallions: While many people might first think of medallions as being worn around the neck, suspended by chains of various hues, some designers have utilized these large disks in unique ways for the fall and winter seasons. Tomas Maier, creative designer for Bottega Veneta, entwined bronze chains and medallions of biscuit porcelain that are perfect for wearing twisted around the wrist.
- Go Punk: Though the heyday of the punk phase on the music scene is firmly entrenched in the height of the 70s, there are a number of designers that were drawn to that style. This has resulted in an explosion in the popularity of punk for this season’s clothing. Nails, skulls and chains dominated the clothing of the punk stars. Barbed earrings designed by Rodarte and Versace designed nails, along with Hedi Slimane, from Saint Laurent, who used a plethora of nails, are just a few of the designers who gain inspiration from this cult icon.
- Splashes of Vivid Gold: Gold has, of course, always been a favorite precious metal used by designers of fine jewelry whether their style has been trendy or traditional. With the fall and winter collections from 2013, its elegance has been elevated even further. Fausto Puglisi, of the Emanuel Ungaro design house, introduced stunning brooches that sparkle with a thousand points of light while Chloe’s ear cuffs draw the eyes of the beholder to their elegant hue.
- Geometric Shapes: Stunning mineral necklaces with a decidedly futuristic bent add unusual elements to your wardrobe while also maximizing the overall sophistication of your look. Mysterious yet alluring items such as Celine’s mineral necklaces help you stand out from the crowd who are so often wearing the classical gold and pearl look.
With the vast array of choices that are available for your ever changing wardrobe for the fall/winter season of 2013, you can find the perfect pieces that help you stand out from the crowd while still remaining true to your own personal style.