Top 5 Wedding Trends 2013 to Watch For
The Hottest Wedding Trends 2013 Will Bring
2013 is looking to revolutionize the way you celebrate your big day! With new trends in play during 2012, you’ll really kick them into gear with personalized trends to fit into your plans. Check out these top 5 wedding trends to look forward to in 2013!
5. Prints and Patterns. Traditionally, the wedding revolves around the brides gorgeous white dress and a solid color to incorporate into the décor, the bridesmaids dresses and the groomsmen’s ties. The accent colors no longer need to be solid and there certainly can be a spectrum! Print and pattern décor and attire are hot in 2013! From floral print bride’s maid’s dresses to striped table runners, a spectrum of colors are being used in the wedding décor from start to finish! Rumor has it that gingham, paisley and polka dots will be in, too!
4. An emphasis on fun. Weddings are to be had so that close friends and family can help you celebrate one of the most important days of your life! What better way to remember the day than treating your guests to a whole lot of fun! During the cocktail reception, couples are offering up games like corn hole (the tailgating extravaganza that is similar to a beanbag toss), beer pong, bocce ball, ladder ball and horseshoes. This really creates a fun, interactive way for guests both young and old to have a good time in their formal wear—without overdoing it!
3. Reception Lounges. While socializing with your table guests and dancing are all fun, some guests like to socialize with others at the party. Providing a reception lounge in a corner of the reception area is a great way to provide a casual area. Perhaps the bar can be set up with tall, standing-room tables, couches or comfy, oversized chairs and conversation sets at outdoor weddings. Just dedicating a small space for this can really make a big difference.
2. Creative Food Options. In the age of blogging, weddings have become overly detail-oriented. Couples are considering new options in the way of creative food. In addition to the buffet-style or table-served dinner and traditional wedding cake, many couples are taking it to a new level! We’ve seen do it yourself mashed potato bars with a plethora of toppings, designing and decorating your own cupcakes or cookies, s’more building stations, and even food trucks! Carnival-style options like funnel cake, snow cones and cotton candy will be extremely popular at summertime weddings.
1. Formal, elegant, and vintage affairs. Lace gowns and décor is coming back! After new-age designs and styles, many brides are turning back toward elegant, formal affairs. We will see a lot of elegant, old-world flair based on timeless classics like The Great Gatsby and A Royal Affair. We’ll also see extravagant florals, vintage gowns and designs and roaring 20’s themed affairs! These will surely provide guests with a stray from the norm and an elegant, exciting event to remember!